Empirical Labs DocDerr-Horizontal
One of the newer members of the Empirical Labs family is the DocDerr, a 500 series multi-purpose tone enhancement module that houses six different sections of digitally controlled analog processing. With over two years of meticulous development and testing behind it, the DocDerr provides an unprecedented combination of power and musicality in a compact, easy to use format. Empirical Labs' first compressor in the API 500 format.
An extremely low-noise preamp capable of working with line level or instrument level signals, is followed by four sections of EQ combining a two position high pass filter with three parametric bands, each with its own set of carefully tuned frequency presets. An internal jumper can turn the DocDerr into an unparralled instrument preamp with 16dB of gain, ideal for acoustic guitar, bass, synths, exotic plucked instruments, etc.
• Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
• Frequency response - 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points).
• Dynamic range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically – 91dBu.
• Distortion range - between .0006% and 10% at 1KHz, depending on mode and settings.
• Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, “ Line In” mode. Maximum Output (Mix at 0) - +28.5dBm
• Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is around 1mS. Release .2 sec, fixed internally. Stereo Linkable for stereo tracks. With the EL500 powered rack, the push of a button enables linking.
• Input Impedance - 120k Ohm, Instrument In Mode, output impedance is less than 75 ohms. 20K input impedance
in balanced Line in mode.