Empirical Labs DS Duo
The first entry by ELI into the 500 series format, the DerrEsser is a multi function dynamic filtering device. A perfect fit for our EL500 powered rack. In its basic “DS” mode, it is an effective, level insensitive “de-esser” - a device that will adjust the high frequency gain on overly trebly or spiky vocals or other sources in an extremely musical manner. However, unlike other de-essers, the device allows for multiple use of its powerful circuitry.
The DS Duo comes with two EL-DS units racked in Empirical Labs' EL 500 one ru, two space ,rack unit.
• Freq. Response is 3 Hz to 120 kHz (-3dB points).
• Dynamic Range - 115 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Transformerless noise floor typically – 93dBu.
• Distortion Ranges between .0035% and .01% depending on mode and settings.
• DC coupled Input and Outputs
• High quality audio caps used internally.
• Input Balanced, Output single ended but with balanced impedance.
Pin 2 hot
• Input Impedance is 20k Ohm. Output impedance is less than 51 ohms.
• D-S Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is less than 1mS. Release .04 sec, fixed internally.
• Power Consumption – 8 Watts max. 4 Watts Typical