Amplify your upright as naturally as possible with Nadine for upright bass: a handbuilt medium-large diaphragm condenser microphone designed to mount easily on upright bass without tools in 30 seconds. The low end is tuned to give a flat response at the mounting distance, and the cardioid pickup pattern provides a very natural sound by picking up as much of the surface of the bass as possible. Great rejection of the back of the mic allows for live use with stage monitors, in addition to professional-grade studio performance. With a sleek design and easy installation, the Nadine is the perfect microphone for upright bass players wanting to maintain the integrity of their acoustic sound. Elevate your performance with Nadine’s exceptional clarity, reproducing every nuance and subtlety of your instrument. The Nadine microphone ensures your audience hears what you hear.
Nadine’s unique physical design includes a body which securely straps to the tailpiece with Velcro elastic, and a head, which mounts easily between the strings’ afterlengths above the tailpiece using a rubber grommet. The 14-inch Gotham cable that connects the two parts makes it easy to place the mic ideally on any bass.
Nadine is used and road-tested by artists like Christian McBride, Missy Raines, Barry Bales, Chris Wood, Daniel Kimbro, David Jacques, Jimbo Wallace, Kyle Whalum, Martin Wind, Mark Schatz, Viktor Krauss, and more. All our products are handbuilt in Oregon with a lifetime warranty.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Unique, easy-to-use mounting system designed specifically for upright bass. 14″ Gotham cable and washer-mounted head to fit all sizes of upright bass.
- Capsule and electronics tuned for live use with excellent feedback rejection.
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.