VINTAGE FET MODERN AIR
This custom-crafted studio workhorse captures vocals with faithful and present realism, kick drums with rich detailed impact, and bass guitar with astonishing depth and dimension.
THREE-WAY GAIN STAGING
Much more than just a pad.
- +10dB is ideal for use with quiet sound sources and consumer-grade audio interfaces.
- 0dB sets the output of the Clarion to its default output gain selection.
- -10dB is useful when more color and saturation from a high-end preamp is desired.
A BETTER CLASSIC CAPSULE
Our custom designed 35mm capsule is hand-tuned to deliver vintage sound with just the right amount of air. This dual diaphragm design captures sounds with depth, realism and exceptional transient response.
SELECTABLE POLAR PATTERNS
Each selection determines what the Clarion hears.
- Figure-8 captures sound equally from the front and back of the microphone for a more open, natural recording.
- Cardioid captures sound from the front of the microphone only. This is the most commonly used polar pattern for recording vocals with minimal room reflections.
- Omnidirectional captures sound equally from all sides of the microphone for authentic, “in-the-room” instrument or vocal recordings.
The Clarion signal path is populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors, a US made low-noise FET, and a custom wound output transformer that puts the finishing touches on every sound that passes through its copper windings.
After being hand-polished, the Clarion’s solid brass enclosure is hand finished with a durable, non-toxic ceramic coating and baked in an oven for curing before final assembly, burn-in, and testing.